We are currently seeking an energetic, passionate, and hardworking Student Counselor to join our growing operation team. The Student Counselor plays a lead role with student retention and re-entry efforts to increase enrollment by performing duties which may include but are not limited to, generating and analyzing reports to capture pertinent information, contacting students and conducting appointment for re-enrollment and providing university policy and procedure information.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Identify at-risk students and work with program directors and faculty advisors to provide the needed counsel and support.
- Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies.
- Work in conjunction with the faculty to advise on policy, time management, and academic skills.
- Provide comprehensive outreach to students who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory academic progress.
- Work closely with university staff to ensure that student inquiries are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner, while supporting academic integrity and University policies.
- Cognitively guide students to develop accountability for their decisions and an understanding of how those decisions impact their success.
- Play a lead role in communicating and advising students who have academic or attendance problems to ensure resolution toward corrective action and communicates impacts to financial status when appropriate.
- Monitors attendance, academic and enrollment progress of students to ensure that students comply with University policies and procedures. Contacts students through written or verbal communications to disseminate information concerning the students academic status and quality service levels, and provides follow up as necessary.
- Provide students with proactive guidance on acclimating to their new graduate lifestyle and building supportive personal environments and best practices to facilitate their student success.
- Empower students to maintain effective connections to the University and its online community of learners.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelors’ degree required, a degree in counseling, psychology or related fields preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a service-oriented environment or university setting.
- Must have a strong commitment to education and have the counseling or coaching skills required to effectively keep online students on track.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution.
- Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Familiarity with online learning and Internet technology a plus.
If you are seeking a new challenge, define your skills as best in class, and are ready and determined to transform the life of many Indonesians through online learning, please do not hesitate to submit your cover letter with your salary requirement, resume, and your portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.